Saturday, August 21, 2010

...Rejection...

I wake up in a panic every morning, like the world is crashing around me
A prayer comes hesitantly to my lips and I beg God for the means to survive
I desperately grasp at the shreds of my sanity for security, but it doesn't help
Because there's none there

How is it my fault when I never claimed perfection, or anything at all
I let you inside of all that I was, all that I longed to be
Let you know my shame
Only to be dropped as soon as the going got tough
And just as if I never existed, written out of your life
You seem all the better for it, so I guess I should be happy

And I wonder, will I ever be enough
Or is it that I'm too much?
That I need, want, feel and love too much
I'm too much to take in one swallow,
So you spat me out in favor of something easier to chew
I hope that my aftertaste is strong enough
To haunt your memories
Because my pride won't let me chase when I've been throw away

But my heart won't let me heal and I'm glutton for the pain
So I pick away at the scabs and bleed some more
To try to teach myself a lesson I never learn....

Nobody can fix you



~ LondonFoundGirl

No comments:

Blogging Anglophile

Observations of myself and the world around me...

Went from London Bound to London Found... Just living and wondering what the next step will be....