Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saying My Good-byes

As my undergraduate education here at good ol' RU draws to a close, I felt compelled to write a note expressing how I felt to everyone who helped make the past four years the best I ever had:

"I can't believe it's really coming to an end... but it is, and I had to say this. And I realize that some of you have graduated, but it takes nothing away from what I have to say...

I want to sincerely, thank you all for making my time here at Rutgers a beautiful one. Each one of you has given me something worth taking away. As our time here draws to a close, I wish we had just a little more time to share, just one more class to take together, just one more e-board meeting, just one more event to plan/attend, just one more dinner to sit down to... anything to see you all again before we go our separate ways.

All of you are very dear to me for many reasons... Thank you is an understatement. I cannot express in words what having you in my life has meant... and I am truly saddened that it all has to end so soon.

No matter when or how we met, or how long we have known each other just know that I will never forget you, the good and bad times that we shared here... and I hope that you all will remember me as you go on to become the great people I already know you are...

Thank you for making me laugh, thank you for being by my side when I cried, thank you for listening, thank you for suffering along with me through long trainings/boring classes/difficult situations, thank you for PARTYING with me, lol... Thank you for confiding in me... even though ya'll know I got a big mouth sometimes, lol!!!

I'll remember the conversations (and arguments!!) we had, the shenanigans, the celebrations, the catastrophes, the study sessions, the stress, and the long nights... everything... because I've already collected all the moments in my heart and I can't ever forget them...

Thank you for everything, even if it was just believing in me when I didn't believe in my self. Thanks for letting me know that I was a good person. Thank you for putting up with me when I was being stubborn, hard-headed, a bitch and lazy... And yes, thank you for telling me off when I was being stupid!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you all for being there... and should you ever need anyone for any reason, just know that I promise to be there for all of you...

I've never been very good at keeping people in my life. Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring, so I really hope that we're able to keep in touch as we go our separate ways...

You will never truly know what having you all in my life has done for me... I'm a better person for having known you...

These words are hardly enough to let you know how I feel, but THANK YOU...


-LondonBoundGirl"

No comments:

Blogging Anglophile

Observations of myself and the world around me...

Went from London Bound to London Found... Just living and wondering what the next step will be....