Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Other Woman

Long time no blog (not here at least) just a little ashamed (appropriate sentiment for this post)!

To redeem myself I came up with a really short ballad today in the car and as I was watching Scrubs... I was just thinking about how it would feel to be the other woman.  On some level the other woman knows what she's doing is wrong, doesn't she?  I've never been her, but I put myself in her shoes for a few minutes, and got Roxanne out and this is what I came up with.

I think it's accurate.  Might build up on it one day, but for now, my short ballad through the eyes of The Other Woman (enjoy):

Sometimes I feel like crying
And I cannot hold it in
Feels like needles prying
Just beneath my skin
I know my momma raised me proper
That’s not what I’m living up to
This woman I’ve become, I can’t stop her
I can’t pry myself from you

I try to imagine how much your wife would cry
To conjure some self worth
You go through so much trouble
To save her half that hurt

All I ever wanted was someone to love
Me, me, that much
Instead all I get is some stolen kisses and lust
Instead I have to settle
Because I don’t deserve better

No comments:

Blogging Anglophile

Observations of myself and the world around me...

Went from London Bound to London Found... Just living and wondering what the next step will be....