Thursday, November 6, 2008

Roommate Woes...

I think I have a serious problem... I don't think I can live with people I know because it always seems that I end up disliking them for one thing or another.

Last year it was this African girl who I was acquaintances with.  She was incredibly inconsiderate of my feelings and interests, often saying "you sound like a textbook that I really don't wanna read right now".  Not only that, but she would grill me for not cleaning the bathroom when it was my week to do it without being reminded.  According to her, I had not "grown up" and I was not a woman because I didn't clean as dutifully as I should have.... nice huh?  But me, I don't like conflict so I avoided her as often as I could, and unless it really bothered me, would be very nonchalant about the situation.  I had learned long ago that most things are often so petty that they're not worth getting a headache over.  If in the future, a disagreement will mean nothing once everyone's calmed down, then I treat it like it's nothing now and keep it moving.  That's what I did with my old roommate.  Ignored her complaints, brushed her off, and kept it moving.

Now that I'm in the newest dorm on campus with a roommate that I knew better and liked more, I thought it would be better.... wrong!!!!

Maybe I don't have a problem with roommates... maybe the problem is that I can't ever pick good ones!

I dislike roommates... i wonder how married people live with each other?  I guess when you get some sexual gratification out of the relationship, that helps... too bad I don't swing that way.

LondonBoundGirl

No comments:

Blogging Anglophile

Observations of myself and the world around me...

Went from London Bound to London Found... Just living and wondering what the next step will be....